Purple Bed Mattress Review The Purple Mattress Lady
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress, because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted effort. The Purple Mattress Lady
So I was excited to try the mattress out myself.
Since it is made of some very distinctive material, it is tough to compare to other mattresses. The Purple Mattress Lady
Overall I loved the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
It’s certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people are going to love this mattress. But it will not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they are trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It is hard to compare Purple mattresses to other people, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in many positions – Purple is one of one of the couple of mattress brands that is comfortable when sleeping on the backside, and stomach.
- Wish to sleep cool – The Purple mattress mattress certainly sleeps cool, cooler than nearly any other bed mattress I have actually reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain kind of mattress that you enjoy – If you’re a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, then you need to stick with that kind of mattress. This is a special feel that isn’t really like some of the basic bed mattress types. The Purple Mattress Lady
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (known as hyper-elastic polymer), it is not surprising that it feels different than any other mattress you have tried.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool. So far as firmness, it is around a 7 out of 10. But, it’s also pressure relieving. Therefore, don’t base everything from the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is the thing that makes Purple what it is. With a very distinctive material that provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I discovered the mattress cover to be wonderful to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, as it pertains to motion transfer.
Only because it doesn’t fall under the typical types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for movement transfer I feel it is wonderful for couples. The Purple Mattress Lady
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the sizes of the Purple mattress, and its cost.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance that Purple utilizes in the comfort layer, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that’s seen in other mattresses.
It’s a high density base foam.
So, I feel the sturdiness of the mattress over time will be a significant selling point. The Purple Mattress Lady
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here.
However, in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. The Purple Mattress Lady