Purple Bed Mattress Review The Nectar Mattress
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. The Nectar Mattress
So I was thrilled to try out the mattress for myself.
Because it’s made with very unique materials, it is tough to compare it to other mattresses The Nectar Mattress
Overall I honestly liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
It is certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe many people will like this mattress. But it won’t be for everybody, since it is so unique.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they are trying to establish with the raw egg test).
- Are interested in the bed-in-a-box design – Because of the unique material, it’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others.
- Sleep in multiple places – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve personally tried.
You might not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you understand – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain kind of mattress that you enjoy – If you are a die hard fan of a particular kind of mattress, then you should stick with that sort of mattress. This is a special feel that is not really like any of the basic bed mattress types. The Nectar Mattress
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it is not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex mattress mattress, Purple springs really fast, and sleeps cool. So far as firmness, it is about a 7 out of 10. But, it’s also pressure relieving. Therefore, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is really the story of Purple, with a very distinctive material that is responsible for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping cool. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be wonderful to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I did not know what to expect from the Purple mattress, as it pertains to motion transfer.
Considering that it does not fall under the frequent memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
However, for movement transfer I feel it is wonderful for couples. The Nectar Mattress
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the dimensions and prices are listed.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its relaxation layer. . It will stop premature sagging, that’s seen in different mattresses.
It’s a high density base foam.
So, I believe the sturdiness of this mattress over time will be a significant selling point. The Nectar Mattress
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the lowest prices here.
But when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. The Nectar Mattress