Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Wookie
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative advertising and effective Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Wookie
So that I could not wait to try the mattress out myself.
Because it is constructed with very unique materials, it’s tough to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Wookie
All in all I liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a few small concerns too.
No doubt it is unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe plenty of people will love this mattress. But it will not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are looking pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be amazing for this. (This is what they are proving using the raw egg evaluation ).
- Are looking the bed-in-a-box online business design – It is tough to compare Purple to other mattress mattresses (price-wise) because of the material.
- Sleep in multiple positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have personally tried.
You might not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Prefer a mattress that you know – Can you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a certain type of mattress that you like – If you are a die hard fan of a particular kind of mattress, then you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Wookie
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs really quick, and sleeps cool. In regards to firmness, it is probably a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving also.
So I believe the regular”firmness scale” is not really as helpful as it could be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what makes Purple what it is. With a very unique material that provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4 percent ). I discovered that the mattress cover to be wonderful to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple bed mattress in regards to motion transfer.
Considering that it doesn’t fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
However, for movement transfer I feel it is great for couples. Purple Mattress Wookie
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the dimensions and prices are listed.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material utilized in the comfort layer is very resilient, and will stop any premature drooping that’s observed in other mattress manufacturers.
The bottom foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is an important selling point. Purple Mattress Wookie
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here.
But when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Wookie