Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Thickness
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Thickness
So I was excited to check it out myself.
Because it is built with quite unique materials, it is tough to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Thickness
Overall I really liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
No doubt it’s unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe many people will like this mattress. But it will not be for everyone, since it is so unique.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are looking pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be amazing for this. (This is what they are proving using the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It is tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, since the material is so unique.
- Sleep in many positions – Purple is one of one of the few mattress brands which is comfy when sleeping on the backside, and tummy.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve personally tried.
You might not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a bed mattress you know – Is it memory foam? More like a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain kind of mattress that you like – If you are a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, then you should stick with that sort of mattress. This is a special feel that is not really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Thickness
Firmness and Feel
Considering the Purple mattress mattress has a different comfort layer material (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a surprise it has an extremely different feel.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs really quick, and sleeps cool. With regard to firmness, it is most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it’s really pressure relieving too.
So I feel the regular”firmness scale” is not really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is truly the story of Purple, with an extremely distinctive material that’s responsible for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping trendy. Underneath the cover, it is made from viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4 percent ). The cover not only felt fine, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, as it pertains to motion transfer.
Considering that it does not fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
However, for motion transfer I feel it is wonderful for couples. Purple Mattress Thickness
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the dimensions and costs are listed.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance that Purple utilizes in the comfort coating, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that is seen in other mattresses.
It’s a high density base foam.
So, I feel the sturdiness of the mattress over time is going to be a significant selling point. Purple Mattress Thickness
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a excellent mattress. You can get the cheapest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Thickness