Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Review June 2016
I get a fantastic deal of concerns about the Purple bed mattress because of their innovative advertising and effective Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Review June 2016
So I was delighted to try out the mattress for myself.
Since it’s made of some very unique material, it is hard to compare to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Review June 2016
Overall I truly liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a few little concerns also.
It is certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people will love this mattress. But it will not be for everyone.
You may enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they are trying to establish with the raw egg test).
- Are interested in the bed-in-a-box design – Because of the exceptional material, it’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to other people.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is among one of the few mattress brands that is comfy when sleeping on the back, side, and tummy.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have personally tried.
You may not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress which you can describe – Can you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a specific kind of mattress mattress you enjoy – If you prefer memory foam or love latex, you must think about sticking to precisely what you like. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Review June 2016
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs really quick, and sleeps cool. In regards to firmness, it is probably a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving also.
So I feel the regular”firmness scale” isn’t really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is the thing that makes Purple what it is. With a very unique material that offers the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool. Underneath the cover is made from viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I felt the cover was quite beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, as it pertains to movement transfer.
Considering that it doesn’t fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
However, for movement transfer I feel it is wonderful for couples. Purple Mattress Review June 2016
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the sizes of the Purple mattress, and its price.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance utilized in the comfort coating is very resilient, and will stop any early drooping that is observed in other mattress manufacturers.
It’s a higher density base foam. So, I think the durability of this mattress is going to be a massive selling point. Purple Mattress Review June 2016
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a excellent mattress. You can find the lowest prices here.
But when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Review June 2016