Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Review July 2016
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress, due to their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Review July 2016
So I was eager to try it out myself.
Because it is built with very unique materials, it is hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Review July 2016
Overall I loved the mattress too. However, I did have some concerns.
No doubt it’s unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe many individuals are going to like this mattress. But it won’t be for everyone, since it is so unique.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are looking pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be amazing for this. (This is what they’re proving using the raw egg test).
- Are looking the bed-in-a-box online business design – It is difficult to compare Purple to additional mattress mattresses (price-wise) because of the material.
- Sleep in numerous positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You may not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress mattress you understand – Can it be memory foam? More like a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a certain type of mattress that you enjoy – If you’re a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, then you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Review July 2016
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (called hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not surprising that it seems different than any other mattress you’ve tried.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really fast, and sleeps cool. As far as firmness, it’s around a 7 out of 10. But, it’s also pressure relieving. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what makes Purple what it is. With a very distinctive material that provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I discovered that the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I did not know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the typical types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for motion transfer I feel it is great for couples. Purple Mattress Review July 2016
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance that Purple uses in the comfort coating, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that is seen in different mattresses.
It has a high density base foam.
So, I feel the sturdiness of the mattress over time is going to be a big selling point. Purple Mattress Review July 2016
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the cheapest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Review July 2016