Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Review 2016
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative advertising and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Review 2016
So I was excited to try out the mattress out myself.
Because it’s made with very unique materials, it is hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Review 2016
Overall I liked the Purple mattress mattress, however I had a few little concerns also.
It’s definitely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe many people are going to like this mattress. But it won’t be for everyone, since it’s so unique.
You may enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they’re trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are considering the bed-in-a-box design – Because of the exceptional material, it’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others.
- Sleep in many positions – Purple is one of one of the few mattress manufacturers which is comfy when sleeping on the backside, and tummy.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress mattress you know – Is it memory foam? More like a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a particular type of mattress mattress you enjoy – If you like memory foam or love latex, you must consider sticking to exactly what you like. This is a unique feel that is not really like some of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Review 2016
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a exceptional comfort layer (known as hyper-elastic polymer), it is not surprising that it feels different than any other mattress you have tried.
Like a latex mattress mattress, Purple springs really fast, and sleeps cool.
As it pertains firmness, I would give it about a 7 out of 10. But, it’s great at stress relief. So, don’t base everything from the firmness scale
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what makes Purple what it is. With a very distinctive material that offers the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. Underneath the cover is made from viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4 percent ). I felt that the cover was very beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
In regards to motion transfer, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress.
Only because it does not fall under the typical kinds of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for motion transfer I feel it’s wonderful for couples. Purple Mattress Review 2016
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the dimensions of the Purple mattress, and its price.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material utilized in the comfort layer is extremely resilient, and will stop any premature drooping that is observed in other mattress manufacturers.
It’s a higher density base foam. So, I believe that the durability of this mattress is going to be a huge selling point. Purple Mattress Review 2016
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Review 2016