Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Ratings
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Ratings
So I was delighted to try out the mattress for myself.
Since it is made of some very distinctive material, it’s hard to compare to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Ratings
Overall I liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a few little concerns also.
It is certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of people will enjoy the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everybody.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they’re trying to establish with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It is tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is among one of the few mattress brands which is comfy when sleeping on the backside, and tummy.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve reviewed.
You might not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you understand – Can you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a certain type of mattress that you like – If you’re a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a special feel that is not really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Ratings
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool. As far as firmness, it is around a 7 out of 10. But, it is also pressure relieving. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple.
The extremely distinctive material provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool Underneath the cover, it’s made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). The cover not only felt nice, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer.
Considering that it doesn’t fall under the frequent memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
But, it is a great alternative for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer. Purple Mattress Ratings
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the easily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance that Purple utilizes in the comfort coating, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that is seen in different mattresses.
It’s a high density base foam.
So, I believe the sturdiness of the mattress over time will be a significant selling point. Purple Mattress Ratings
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the cheapest prices here.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Ratings