Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Protector Review
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative advertising and effective Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Protector Review
So I was thrilled to try out the mattress for myself.
Since it is made of some very unique material, it is hard to compare to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Protector Review
Overall I really liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
It is definitely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of people are going to enjoy the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are looking pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be incredible for this. (This is what they’re proving using the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in many positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that sleep comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, back or side.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have personally tried.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress mattress you know – Can it be memory foam? More like a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a particular type of bed mattress you enjoy – If you like memory foam or love latex, you must consider sticking to exactly what you like. This is a special feel that isn’t really like some of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Protector Review
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a exceptional comfort layer (called hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not surprising that it seems different than any other mattress you have tried.
Like a latex mattress mattress, Purple springs really fast, and sleeps cool.
As it pertains firmness, I would give it around a 7 out of 10. But, it’s great at pressure relief. Therefore, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is really the story of Purple, using a very unique material that is accountable for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping trendy. Underneath the cover is made from viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I felt the cover was quite beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, regarding movement transfer.
Simply because it does not fall under the typical types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it’s a great option for most couples, in regards to motion transfer. Purple Mattress Protector Review
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the easily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple utilizes in the comfort layer, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that’s seen in other mattresses.
It’s a high density base foam. So, I believe the durability of this mattress will be a massive selling point. Purple Mattress Protector Review
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here.
But when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Protector Review