Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Powder
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Powder
So I was excited to try the mattress out myself.
Since it is made of some very unique material, it’s tough to compare to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Powder
All in all I liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a couple of small concerns also.
No doubt it is unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people will love this mattress. But it won’t be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they’re trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, since the material is so unique.
- Sleep in numerous places – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Wish to sleep cool – The Purple bed mattress certainly sleeps cool, cooler than nearly any other bed mattress I’ve actually reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you understand – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a certain type of mattress that you enjoy – If you’re a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, then you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a special feel that is not really like some of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Powder
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex mattress mattress, Purple springs back really fast, and sleeps cool. So far as firmness, it is around a 7 out of 10. But, it is also pressure relieving. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what makes Purple what it is. With a very unique material that offers the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. Underneath the cover, it is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). The cover not only felt fine, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer.
Considering that it doesn’t fall under the frequent memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
But, it’s a excellent alternative for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer. Purple Mattress Powder
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the prices for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material utilized in the comfort layer is very resilient, and will stop any early drooping that’s observed in other mattress manufacturers.
It has a high density base foam. So, I think that the durability of this mattress is going to be a huge selling point. Purple Mattress Powder
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the cheapest prices here.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to notice:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Powder