Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Not Comfortable
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Not Comfortable
So I couldn’t wait to try out the mattress out myself.
Because it’s built with very unique materials, it is hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Not Comfortable
Overall I honestly liked the mattress too. However, I did have some concerns.
It’s certainly unique, and differs from anything I have tested. I believe a great deal of people are going to like the mattress mattress, however it is so unique that it might not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are looking pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be incredible for this. (This is what they are proving with the raw egg test).
- Are interested in the bed-in-a-box design – Because of the unique material, it’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others.
- Sleep in multiple positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have personally tried.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Prefer a mattress that you know – Do you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a specific type of mattress mattress you enjoy – If you prefer memory foam or love latex, then you must consider sticking to exactly what you like. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like some of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Not Comfortable
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (called hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not surprising that it seems different than any other mattress you’ve tried.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs really quick, and sleeps cool. As far as firmness, it’s around a 7 out of 10. But, it is also pressure relieving. So, don’t base everything from the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple.
The extremely unique material provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool. Underneath the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I felt that the cover was very beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Test
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress mattress in regards to motion transfer.
Simply because it doesn’t fall under the typical types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it’s a great option for most couples, in regards to motion transfer. Purple Mattress Not Comfortable
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the sizes and prices are listed.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material utilized in the comfort coating is very resilient, and will stop any early drooping that is observed in other mattress brands.
It has a high density base foam. So, I believe the durability of this mattress is going to be a huge selling point. Purple Mattress Not Comfortable
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the lowest prices here.
However, in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Not Comfortable