Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Layers
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Layers
So I was excited to try the mattress out myself.
Because it’s made with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Layers
All in all I liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a couple of little concerns also.
It’s absolutely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people will love this mattress. However it will not be for everyone.
You may enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief- I found Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That’s exactly what they’re aiming to show with the raw egg test).
- Are considering the bed-in-a-box design – Due to the exceptional material, it’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to other people.
- Sleep in multiple places – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, back or side.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You might not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you know – Can you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a certain kind of mattress that you enjoy – If you are a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, you should stick with that sort of mattress. This is a special feel that isn’t really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Layers
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really fast, and sleeps cool. In regards to firmness, it is probably a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it’s really pressure relieving too.
So I feel the regular”firmness scale” is not really as helpful as it could be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is the thing that defines Purple.
The extremely distinctive material provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool Underneath the cover, it is made from viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4 percent ). The cover not just felt fine, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
When it come to motion transfer, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common kinds of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for movement transfer I feel it is wonderful for couples. Purple Mattress Layers
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the prices for the easily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance utilized in the comfort layer is extremely resilient, and will stop any early drooping that is seen in other mattress manufacturers.
It’s a high density base foam.
So, I believe the sturdiness of the mattress over time is going to be a significant selling point. Purple Mattress Layers
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the lowest prices here.
But when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to notice:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Layers