Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress In Full Size
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress In Full Size
So I was excited to try out the mattress out myself.
Since it’s made of some very unique material, it’s hard to compare to other mattresses. Purple Mattress In Full Size
Overall I honestly liked the mattress too. However, I did have some concerns.
It’s definitely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe many people will like this mattress. But it will not be for everyone, since it’s so unique.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are looking pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be incredible for this. (This is what they are proving with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in numerous places – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, back or side.
- Wish to sleep cool – The Purple bed mattress certainly sleeps cool, cooler than any other bed mattress I have actually reviewed.
You might not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Can you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain type of mattress – If you’re a fan of a particular sort of mattress, then you need to stick with that kind of mattress. This is a special feel that is not really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress In Full Size
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a exceptional comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool. In regards to firmness, it’s most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving also.
So I feel the regular”firmness scale” is not really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what makes Purple what it is. With a very distinctive material that offers the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool. Underneath the cover, it is made from viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). The cover not just felt nice, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
When it come to movement transfer, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common kinds of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for movement transfer I feel it is wonderful for couples. Purple Mattress In Full Size
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the prices for the easily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance utilized in the comfort coating is extremely resilient, and will stop any premature drooping that is observed in other mattress manufacturers.
It’s a higher density base foam. So, I believe that the durability of this mattress is going to be a massive selling point. Purple Mattress In Full Size
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the lowest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to notice:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress In Full Size