Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Home
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Home
So I was eager to try it out myself.
Because it’s made with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Home
Overall I honestly enjoyed the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
No doubt it is unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of people are going to like the mattress mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everybody.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- are making an attempt to locate pressure relief- I discovered Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That’s exactly what they’re aiming to show with the raw egg test).
- Are looking the bed-in-a-box online company design – It’s difficult to compare Purple to other mattress mattresses (price-wise) due to the material.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is one of one of the couple of mattress manufacturers which is comfortable when sleeping on the back, side, and stomach.
- Rather sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve reviewed.
You may not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you know – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a certain type of mattress that you like – If you’re a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, then you need to stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that is not really like any of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Home
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a exceptional relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it is not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs really quick, and sleeps cool. With regard to firmness, it is probably a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it’s really pressure relieving also.
So I believe the regular”firmness scale” isn’t really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple.
The extremely unique material provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer.
Simply because it doesn’t fall under the typical types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for motion transfer I feel it’s great for couples. Purple Mattress Home
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple uses in the comfort layer, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that’s seen in other mattresses.
The base foam is high-density, so all in all I anticipate the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is an important selling point. Purple Mattress Home
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a excellent mattress. You can get the cheapest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Home