Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress History
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress History
So that I couldn’t wait to try the mattress out myself.
Because it is constructed with quite unique materials, it’s tough to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress History
Overall I really liked the mattress too. However, I did have some concerns.
It is absolutely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of individuals are going to like the mattress mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everyone.
You may enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be great for this. (This is what they’re trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It is hard to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in many positions – Purple is one of one of the few mattress brands which is comfy when sleeping on the back, side, and tummy.
- Rather sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You might not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Prefer a mattress that you know – Do you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a particular kind of bed mattress you enjoy – If you prefer memory foam or love latex, you must think about sticking to exactly what you like. This is a special feel that isn’t really like any of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress History
Firmness and Feel
Considering that the Purple mattress mattress has a distinct comfort layer material (hyper-elastic polymer), it is not a surprise it’s an extremely different feel.
Like a latex mattress mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
As it pertains firmness, I’d give it about a 7 out of 10. But, it’s great at stress relief. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple.
The extremely distinctive substance provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool Underneath the cover, it’s made from viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4 percent ). The cover not just felt fine, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I was not sure what to expect from the Purple bed mattress in regards to motion transfer.
Simply because it doesn’t fall under the typical kinds of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it is a great alternative for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer. Purple Mattress History
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the sizes and costs are listed.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material utilized in the comfort coating is extremely resilient, and will stop any premature drooping that is observed in other mattress brands.
The bottom foam is high-density, so all in all I anticipate the mattress mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Purple Mattress History
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here.
However, in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to notice:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress History