Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Health Concerns
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress, because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted effort. Purple Mattress Health Concerns
So that I could not wait to try out the mattress out myself.
Since it is made of some very unique material, it’s hard to compare to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Health Concerns
Overall I loved the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
It’s certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people are going to love this mattress. But it will not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are looking pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be amazing for this. (This is what they’re proving using the raw egg evaluation ).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to other people, since the material is so unique.
- Sleep in numerous positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a particular kind of bed mattress you enjoy – If you like memory foam or love latex, then you must think about sticking to precisely what you like. This is a special feel that is not really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Health Concerns
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (called hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not surprising that it seems different than any other mattress you’ve tried.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool. So far as firmness, it’s about a 7 out of 10. But, it is also pressure relieving. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what makes Purple what it is. With a very distinctive material that provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be wonderful to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple bed mattress in regards to motion transfer.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the typical kinds of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for movement transfer I feel it’s wonderful for couples. Purple Mattress Health Concerns
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the sizes of the Purple mattress, and its cost.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple uses in the comfort coating, is really resilient. It will stop premature drooping, that is seen in other mattresses.
It has a high density base foam.
So, I believe the sturdiness of the mattress over time is going to be a significant selling point. Purple Mattress Health Concerns
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a excellent mattress. You can find the cheapest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Health Concerns