Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Factory
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Factory
So I was thrilled to try out the mattress for myself.
Since it’s made of some very distinctive material, it is hard to compare to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Factory
Overall I honestly enjoyed the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
It’s absolutely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people are going to love this mattress. However it will not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- are making an attempt to locate pressure relief- I discovered Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That is exactly what they’re aiming to show with the raw egg test).
- Are looking the bed-in-a-box online business design – It is tough to compare Purple to additional bed mattresses (price-wise) because of the material.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is among one of the couple of mattress manufacturers that is comfortable when sleeping on the back, side, and stomach.
- Wish to sleep cool – The Purple bed mattress certainly sleeps cool, cooler than nearly any other bed mattress I have actually reviewed.
You might not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain kind of mattress that you like – If you’re a die hard fan of a particular kind of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Factory
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex mattress mattress, Purple springs back really fast, and sleeps cool. As far as firmness, it is about a 7 out of 10. But, it’s also pressure relieving. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is truly the story of Purple, using a very unique material that is responsible for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping trendy. Underneath the cover, it’s made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). The cover not just felt fine, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
In regards to movement transfer, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress.
Considering that it does not fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
But, it’s a great option for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer. Purple Mattress Factory
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the prices for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple utilizes in the comfort layer, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that’s seen in other mattresses.
It has a high density base foam.
So, I feel the durability of this mattress over time will be a significant selling point. Purple Mattress Factory
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the cheapest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Factory