Purple Bed Mattress Review Purple Mattress Complaints
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Purple Mattress Complaints
So I was eager to try the mattress out myself.
Since it is made of some very unique material, it is hard to compare to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Complaints
All in all I honestly liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
It’s certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people will love this mattress. However it will not be for everyone.
You may enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are searching for pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be great for this. (This is what they are trying to establish with the raw egg test).
- Are interested in the bed-in-a-box design – Because of the exceptional material, it’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to other people.
- Sleep in multiple positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, back or side.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have personally tried.
You may not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress which you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain type of mattress – If you are a fan of a particular sort of mattress, then you need to stick with that kind of mattress. This is a special feel that isn’t really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Complaints
Firmness and Feel
Considering that the Purple bed mattress has a distinct comfort layer material (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a surprise it’s an extremely different feel.
Like a latex mattress mattress, Purple springs really quick, and sleeps cool. With regard to firmness, it is most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving also.
So I believe the regular”firmness scale” is not really as helpful as it could be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is the thing that makes Purple what it is. With a very distinctive material that provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. The cover Beneath the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I discovered that the mattress cover to be wonderful to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I did not know what to expect from the Purple mattress, when it come to movement transfer.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for movement transfer I feel it’s wonderful for couples. Purple Mattress Complaints
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the prices for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material utilized in the comfort coating is very resilient, and will stop any early drooping that’s observed in other mattress brands.
It’s a higher density base foam. So, I think the durability of this mattress will be a massive selling point. Purple Mattress Complaints
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the lowest prices here.
However, in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Purple Mattress Complaints