Purple Bed Mattress Review Nectar Mattress Wiki
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress,due to their innovative advertising and effective Kickstarted campaign. Nectar Mattress Wiki
So I was eager to try the mattress out myself.
Since it is made of some very unique material, it is tough to compare to other mattresses. Nectar Mattress Wiki
Overall I loved the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
It’s certainly unique, and differs from anything I have tested. I believe many people are going to like this mattress. But it will not be for everyone, since it is so unique.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- are making an attempt to locate pressure relief- I discovered Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That’s exactly what they’re aiming to show with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, since the material is so unique.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that sleep comfy rather you sleep on your stomach, back or side.
- Wish to sleep cool – The Purple mattress mattress certainly sleeps cool, cooler than any other bed mattress I’ve actually reviewed.
You might not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Can you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a specific kind of mattress mattress you like – If you like memory foam or love latex, you must consider sticking to exactly what you like. This is a unique feel that is not really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Nectar Mattress Wiki
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it is not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs really fast, and sleeps cool. In regards to firmness, it’s most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving too.
So I feel the regular”firmness scale” is not really as helpful as it could be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is the thing that makes Purple what it is. With a very distinctive material that provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, as it pertains to movement transfer.
Only because it doesn’t fall under the typical kinds of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it’s a excellent option for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer. Nectar Mattress Wiki
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the prices for the easily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple uses in the comfort coating, is really resilient. It will stop premature drooping, that is seen in other mattresses.
The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the mattress mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Nectar Mattress Wiki
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the cheapest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Nectar Mattress Wiki