Purple Bed Mattress Review Nectar Mattress Thickness
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and powerful Kickstarted campaign. Nectar Mattress Thickness
So I was eager to try the mattress out myself.
Because it’s constructed with quite unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Nectar Mattress Thickness
Overall I liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a couple of small concerns too.
It’s absolutely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of people are going to like the mattress mattress, however it is so unique that it might not be for everybody.
You may enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they are trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, since the material is so unique.
- Sleep in many positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that sleep comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, back or side.
- Rather sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You may not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Prefer a mattress that you understand – Can you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain type of mattress – If you’re a fan of a particular type of mattress, then you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a special feel that is not really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Nectar Mattress Thickness
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs really quick, and sleeps cool. With regard to firmness, it’s probably a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving too.
So I believe the regular”firmness scale” isn’t really as helpful as it could be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple.
The extremely unique substance provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be wonderful to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I did not know what to expect from the Purple mattress, when it come to motion transfer.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common kinds of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for motion transfer I feel it’s wonderful for couples. Nectar Mattress Thickness
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the prices for the easily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple uses in the comfort coating, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that is seen in different mattresses.
It has a high density base foam.
So, I feel the sturdiness of this mattress over time will be a big selling point. Nectar Mattress Thickness
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a excellent mattress. You can get the cheapest prices here.
However, in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to notice:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Nectar Mattress Thickness