Purple Bed Mattress Review Nectar Mattress Pad
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress, due to their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. Nectar Mattress Pad
So I was thrilled to try out the mattress for myself.
Because it’s built with very unique materials, it’s tough to compare it to other mattresses. Nectar Mattress Pad
Overall I honestly liked the mattress too. However, I did have some concerns.
No doubt it’s unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of people will enjoy the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are searching for pressure relief – I discovered the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they’re trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking the bed-in-a-box online company design – It is difficult to compare Purple to additional mattress mattresses (price-wise) because of the material.
- Sleep in many positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that sleep comfy rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve personally tried.
You might not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Prefer a mattress that you know – Can you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain type of mattress that you like – If you are a die hard fan of a particular kind of mattress, then you need to stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that is not really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Nectar Mattress Pad
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a exceptional relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it is not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool. With regard to firmness, it is probably a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it’s really pressure relieving also.
So I feel the regular”firmness scale” is not really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is really the story of Purple, with an extremely unique material that is accountable for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping trendy. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4 percent ). I found the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I did not know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer.
Considering that it does not fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
But, it’s a great alternative for most couples, in regards to motion transfer. Nectar Mattress Pad
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the dimensions of the Purple mattress, and its price.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material utilized in the comfort coating is extremely resilient, and will stop any premature drooping that’s observed in other mattress brands.
The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is an important selling point. Nectar Mattress Pad
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a excellent mattress. You can find the cheapest prices here.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to notice:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Nectar Mattress Pad