Purple Bed Mattress Review Nectar Mattress Layers
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress, because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. Nectar Mattress Layers
So I was excited to try the mattress out myself.
Since it is constructed with very unique materials, it’s tough to compare it to other mattresses. Nectar Mattress Layers
Overall I loved the mattress too. However, I did have some concerns.
It is definitely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people will love this mattress. But it won’t be for everyone.
You may enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are trying to find pressure relief- I found Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That is exactly what they’re planning to reveal with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It is hard to compare Purple mattresses to other people, since the material is so unique.
- Sleep in multiple places – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Rather sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve reviewed.
You may not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Prefer a mattress that you know – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain type of mattress – If you are a fan of a particular type of mattress, you need to stick with that kind of mattress. This is a special feel that isn’t really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Nectar Mattress Layers
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a exceptional relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it is not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool. As far as firmness, it is around a 7 out of 10. But, it is also pressure relieving. Therefore, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple.
The extremely unique substance provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. Underneath the cover, it is made from viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). The cover not only felt nice, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
In regards to movement transfer, I was not sure what to expect from the Purple mattress.
Simply because it doesn’t fall under the typical types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it’s a excellent alternative for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer. Nectar Mattress Layers
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material utilized in the comfort layer is very resilient, and will stop any early drooping that’s observed in other mattress brands.
The bottom foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I think its durability is a significant selling point. Nectar Mattress Layers
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a excellent mattress. You can get the lowest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Nectar Mattress Layers