Purple Bed Mattress Review Nectar Mattress Firmness
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress, due to their innovative advertising and effective Kickstarted effort. Nectar Mattress Firmness
So I was thrilled to try out the mattress for myself.
Because it is constructed with quite unique materials, it’s tough to compare it to other mattresses. Nectar Mattress Firmness
All in all I honestly enjoyed the mattress too. However, I did have some concerns.
No doubt it’s unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe many people are going to like this mattress. But it won’t be for everyone, since it is so unique.
You may enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are searching for pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be good for this. (This is what they’re trying to establish with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, since the material is so unique.
- Sleep in multiple positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, back or side.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve personally tried.
You may not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress mattress you understand – Is it memory foam? More like a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain kind of mattress that you like – If you are a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, then you need to stick with that sort of mattress. This is a special feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Nectar Mattress Firmness
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a exceptional comfort layer (known as hyper-elastic polymer), it is not surprising that it seems different than any other mattress you have tried.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
When it comes firmness, I would give it around a 7 out of 10. But, it is great at pressure relief. So, don’t base everything from the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple.
The extremely distinctive substance provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. Underneath the cover is made from viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I felt the cover was very beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Test
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress mattress in regards to motion transfer.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the typical types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for motion transfer I feel it’s wonderful for couples. Nectar Mattress Firmness
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the dimensions of the Purple mattress, and its price.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance utilized in the comfort layer is very resilient, and will stop any early drooping that is seen in other mattress brands.
The base foam is high-density, so all in all I anticipate the mattress mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is an important selling point. Nectar Mattress Firmness
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full advantage
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here.
However, in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to notice:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Nectar Mattress Firmness