Purple Bed Mattress Review Mattress By Purple
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. Mattress By Purple
So I was eager to try the mattress out myself.
Since it’s built with very unique materials, it is hard to compare it to other mattresses. Mattress By Purple
Overall I loved the mattress too. But I did have some concerns.
It’s absolutely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe plenty of people will love this mattress. However it won’t be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Are trying to locate pressure relief- I found Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That is exactly what they’re aiming to show with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s tough to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in multiple places – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Rather sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress which you can describe – Can you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex mattress mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s hard to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a specific type of mattress mattress you enjoy – If you like memory foam or love latex, you must consider sticking to precisely what you like. This is a special feel that isn’t really like some of the basic bed mattress types. Mattress By Purple
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
As it pertains firmness, I’d give it around a 7 out of 10. But, it’s great at stress relief. So, don’t base everything from the firmness scale
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what makes Purple what it is. With a very unique material that provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. The cover Beneath the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4 percent ). I discovered the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, as it pertains to motion transfer.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for movement transfer I feel it’s great for couples. Mattress By Purple
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the sizes and costs are listed.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple utilizes in the comfort coating, is really resilient. It will stop premature drooping, that is seen in different mattresses.
The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Mattress By Purple
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the cheapest prices here.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lesser comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Mattress By Purple