Purple Bed Mattress Review Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
I get a great deal of questions about the Purple mattress, because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted effort. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
So I was excited to try out the mattress out myself.
Because it is made with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
All in all I truly liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a few little concerns also.
It is certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a good deal of people are going to enjoy the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it might not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are trying to locate pressure relief- I found Purple’s is in reality terrific for pressure relief. (That is exactly what they’re planning to show with the raw egg evaluation ).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to other people, since the material is so unique.
- Sleep in many positions – Purple is among one of the couple of mattress manufacturers that is comfortable when sleeping on the backside, and stomach.
- Prefer to sleep cool- The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I’ve personally tried.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you…
- Want a mattress mattress you understand – Is it memory foam? More like a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which could be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a particular type of bed mattress you enjoy – If you like memory foam or love latex, you must consider sticking to exactly what you like. This is a special feel that is not really like any of the fundamental bed mattress types. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
Firmness and Feel
Considering the Purple bed mattress has a distinct comfort layer material (hyper-elastic polymer), it is not a surprise it has a very different feel.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool. With regard to firmness, it is most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving too.
So I believe the regular”firmness scale” isn’t really as helpful as it could be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple mattress mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is the thing that makes Purple what it is. With a very unique material that offers the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool. Underneath the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4%). I felt the cover was very beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Test
When it come to movement transfer, I was not sure what to expect from the Purple mattress.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the typical types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it’s a excellent alternative for most couples, in regards to motion transfer. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
Expenses and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the dimensions and costs are listed.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel substance that Purple uses in the comfort layer, is really resilient. It’ll stop premature drooping, that is seen in different mattresses.
It has a high density base foam.
So, I believe the sturdiness of the mattress over time is going to be a big selling point. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
Other things to Remember:
- Purple is offered only online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can get the cheapest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to notice:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer compared to Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress