Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get a great deal of concerns about the Purple bed mattress because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I was eager to try it out myself. Because it is made with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
All in all I honestly liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns. It’s certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of individuals are going to like the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everybody.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are searching for pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be great for this. (This is what they’re trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking the bed-in-a-box online business design – It’s difficult to compare Purple to other bed mattresses (price-wise) due to the material.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is among one of the couple of mattress brands that is comfy when sleeping on the back, side, and stomach.
- Wish to sleep cool – The Purple bed mattress certainly sleeps cool, cooler than nearly any other bed mattress I have actually reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain type of mattress that you like – If you are a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
Firmness and Feel
Considering that the Purple bed mattress has a distinct comfort layer material (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a surprise it has an extremely different feel. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
As far as firmness, it’s around a 7 out of 10. But, it is also pressure relieving. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is truly the story of Purple, with an extremely unique material that is responsible for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping cool.
Underneath the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I felt the cover was very beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, when it come to motion transfer. Simply because it doesn’t fall under the common types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for motion transfer I feel it is great for couples.
Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its comfort layer.. It will stop early sagging, that is seen in other mattresses. It has a high density base foam. So, I believe the durability of this mattress over time will be a big selling point. Consumer Reports Nectar Mattress
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.