Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get a great deal of concerns about the Purple bed mattress because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I was eager to try the mattress out myself. Because it is built with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Compare Purple Mattress
All in all I truly liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a couple of little concerns too. It’s definitely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of individuals are going to like the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everybody.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are trying to find pressure relief– I discovered Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That’s exactly what they’re aiming to reveal with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is among one of the couple of mattress brands that is comfy when sleeping on the back, side, and stomach.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have personally tried.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a bed mattress you understand – Is it memory foam? More like a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain type of mattress that you like – If you are a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Compare Purple Mattress
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (known as hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not surprising that it feels different than any other mattress you’ve tried. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
When it comes firmness, I’d give it around a 7 out of 10. But, it is great at pressure relief. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is truly the story of Purple, with an extremely unique material that is responsible for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping cool.
The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer. Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it is a great option for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer.
Compare Purple Mattress
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the sizes of the Purple mattress, and its price.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple uses in the comfort layer, is really resilient. It will stop premature drooping, that is seen in other mattresses. The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Compare Purple Mattress
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.