Purple Bed Mattress Review Breaking In Purple Mattress
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress, due to their innovative advertising and effective Kickstarted campaign. Breaking In Purple Mattress
So I was excited to try out the mattress out myself.
Since it’s made of some very unique material, it’s tough to compare to other mattresses. Breaking In Purple Mattress
Overall I liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a few small concerns also.
No doubt it is unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people will love this mattress. But it won’t be for everyone.
You may enjoy the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Are looking pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be amazing for this. (This is what they’re proving with the raw egg test).
- Are looking the bed-in-a-box online business design – It’s tough to compare Purple to additional bed mattresses (price-wise) because of the material.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is one of one of the few mattress manufacturers which is comfortable when sleeping on the backside, and tummy.
- Wish to sleep cool – The Purple mattress mattress certainly sleeps cool, cooler than any other bed mattress I’ve actually reviewed.
You may not like the Purple mattress mattress if you…
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Possibly a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain kind of mattress – If you are a fan of a specific type of mattress, you need to stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like some of the fundamental bed mattress types. Breaking In Purple Mattress
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a exceptional relaxation layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it is not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress.
Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs really quick, and sleeps cool. In regards to firmness, it’s most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it’s really pressure relieving also.
So I believe the regular”firmness scale” isn’t really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress consists of 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple.
The extremely unique material provides the bounce, pressure relief and sleeps cool. The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69 percent ), and polyester-lycra (4 percent ). I found that the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Evaluation
I did not know what to expect from the Purple mattress, as it pertains to movement transfer.
Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common kinds of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for motion transfer I feel it’s great for couples. Breaking In Purple Mattress
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the prices for the easily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple uses in the comfort coating, is really resilient. It will stop premature drooping, that’s seen in different mattresses.
The base foam is high-density, so all in all I anticipate the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I think its durability is a significant selling point. Breaking In Purple Mattress
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year guarantee
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a excellent mattress. You can find the lowest prices here.
But in comparison to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is more economical.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, in contrast to Nectar with 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less motion transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar includes a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial. Breaking In Purple Mattress