Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get a great deal of concerns about the Purple bed mattress because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I was eager to try the mattress out myself. Because it is built with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Technology
All in all I honestly liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns. It’s definitely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of individuals are going to like the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everybody.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are searching for pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be great for this. (This is what they’re trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is among one of the couple of mattress brands that is comfy when sleeping on the back, side, and stomach.
- Wish to sleep cool – The Purple bed mattress certainly sleeps cool, cooler than nearly any other bed mattress I have actually reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a bed mattress you understand – Is it memory foam? More like a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a specific kind of bed mattress you enjoy – If you like memory foam or love latex, you must think about sticking to exactly what you like. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Technology
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
In regards to firmness, it’s most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving too. So I believe the regular “firmness scale” isn’t really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple. The extremely unique material provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool.
The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
When it come to motion transfer, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress. Considering that it does not fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
But, it is a great option for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer.
Purple Mattress Technology
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the sizes of the Purple mattress, and its price.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its comfort layer.. It will stop early sagging, that is seen in other mattresses. The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Purple Mattress Technology
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.