Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I was eager to try it out myself. Because it is built with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Recall
Overall I really liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns. It’s certainly unique, and differs from anything I’ve tested. I believe a great deal of individuals are going to like the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everybody.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are trying to find pressure relief– I discovered Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That’s exactly what they’re aiming to reveal with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is among one of the couple of mattress brands that is comfy when sleeping on the back, side, and stomach.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There’s a specific kind of bed mattress you enjoy – If you like memory foam or love latex, you must think about sticking to exactly what you like. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Recall
Firmness and Feel
Considering that the Purple bed mattress has a distinct comfort layer material (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a surprise it has an extremely different feel. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
When it comes firmness, I’d give it around a 7 out of 10. But, it is great at pressure relief. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple. The extremely unique material provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool.
The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
When it come to motion transfer, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress. Simply because it doesn’t fall under the common types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it is a great option for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer.
Purple Mattress Recall
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its comfort layer.. It will stop early sagging, that is seen in other mattresses. The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Purple Mattress Recall
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.