Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I was eager to try the mattress out myself. Since it is built with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Nolah Vs Nectar Mattress
All in all I truly liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a couple of little concerns too. It’s definitely unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people are going to love this mattress. However it will not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are looking pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be incredible for this. (This is what they are proving with the raw egg test).
- Are interested in the bed-in-a-box design – Because of the unique material, it’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that sleep comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Prefer a mattress that you understand – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain type of mattress that you like – If you are a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Nolah Vs Nectar Mattress
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
As far as firmness, it’s around a 7 out of 10. But, it is also pressure relieving. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is truly the story of Purple, with an extremely unique material that is responsible for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping cool.
The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer. Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
However, for motion transfer I feel it is great for couples.
Nolah Vs Nectar Mattress
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the sizes and prices are listed.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its comfort layer.. It will stop early sagging, that is seen in other mattresses. The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Nolah Vs Nectar Mattress
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.