Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get a great deal of concerns about the Purple bed mattress because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I was eager to try it out myself. Since it is made of some very unique material, it is tough to compare to other mattresses. Frame For Purple Mattress
All in all I truly liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a couple of little concerns too. It’s certainly unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe many people are going to like this mattress. But it will not be for everyone, since it is so unique.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are searching for pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be great for this. (This is what they’re trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in multiple positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that are comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain type of mattress – If you are a fan of a specific type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Frame For Purple Mattress
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a shock that it feels different than any other mattress. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
When it comes firmness, I’d give it around a 7 out of 10. But, it is great at pressure relief. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple. The extremely unique material provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool.
Underneath the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I felt the cover was very beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer. Considering that it does not fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
But, it is a great option for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer.
Frame For Purple Mattress
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the sizes of the Purple mattress, and its price.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its comfort layer.. It will stop early sagging, that is seen in other mattresses. It has a high density base foam. So, I believe the durability of this mattress over time will be a big selling point. Frame For Purple Mattress
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.